Monday, August 30, 2010

First post, about rhetoric.

 Hi, I'm Chao, you can just call me Charlie. I'm a student in university of Iowa and I'm taking rhetoric class this semester.

 I think it is an interesting class because it offers me a lot of knowledge which fascinated me . Our teacher , Andrew Behrmann, told us some concepts of rhetoric, such as context, culture, audience,rhetor, etc.

It is universally acknowledged that those concepts exists everywhere in our everyday life. For example, last Saturday, I watched the movie Inception. The objective observation, rational reasoning, and rigorous logic make this movie no doubt the best of 2010.


One scene of Inception was the leading actor Leo taught a little girl how to build a dream. In my opinion, the context is the restaurant , the rhetor is Leo (my favorite actor);the culture is the world of Inception that human being could have 4 stages of dreams and people can create and control the dream.( awesome!!) , the audience is the little girl and the people in the movie theatre.


It's very delight to analysis this movie with rhetoric concepts.




No comments:

Post a Comment